Re: [RC] Barefoot War - Lysane Cree

Yes, I think you are right on, Kristene...during the summer we get to read about ride stories and adventures. That is always very interesting and insightful for a newbie like me.
The nastiness on ridecamp at the moment is really appalling, especially in regards to Bev - I don't know her, but I wouldn't dare make the type of judgment against her that has been made...as many have said, you don't really *know* until you are faced with that type of crisis. I hope her horse recovers and IS able to get back on the trail...that will be a true success.
We have been having some milder weather, so hopefully the ice will melt on the trails and everyone can get back out to riding. Unfortunately, I am on a "no riding until at least April" directive from my doctor (fractured some vertebrae couple of months ago), so I will have to take a deep breath and look longingly after everyone going trotting down the trail, having fun :(    Eventually I will get there :)

Lysane

Kristene Smuts <Ksmuts@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>After many years on ridecamp, I still don't get why these "wars"
happen - I have seen a number of very good posts on both sides of the
debate. Lysane>>

I can tell you! Being a bit of a geographical outsider, wars happen as
regularly as clockwork during your winters. CTR vs. Endurance, shoes
vs. barefoot, HRMs vs. stethoscopes, ......... the list goes on.

I put it down to the fact that most of the Americas is under snow and
you guys can't get out to ride, therefore cabin fever hits with all its
might. Very seldom do these wars happen in summer - check out the
archives to get a good idea!

Don't worry too much about it - spring is just around the corner then
you can get out and ride!!!

Kristene
South Africa (where it is glorious summer ...... )