[RC] re: shoeing barefoot - LTYearwood

Hi Sue,

I have experienced the same thing -- when my horse had shoes on he couldn't stride in the trot like he does now(without shoes). Also, his hoof mechanism is better now.

Before, with shoes, Vashka was hesitant to trot for very long periods of time. Now, without shoes, many folks have to canter to keep up with his trot. I never thought the day would come, so I am really grateful.

Same experience regarding barefoot traction, too. I'd much rather be barefoot on slippery terrain, than shod.

Congrats on doing all that conditioning barefoot for the Tevis!

Lori and Vashka and Sunny and Harley, too!