Re: [RC] Saddles for Very Round horses - Karla Watson

Does anybody have advice for a saddle style/brand for a very round horse (Arabian)? I know he'll lose his roundness, but I've been unable to get in good training (like under-saddle manners) due to lack of a saddle. Thank you,
Linda-Cathrine

Treeless worked really good for my daughters VERY fat, VERY round, VERY sprung, very barrel type of horse--Arab. (There is a wither in there somewhere.) He goes from very fat to sort of almost not too fat when he is really fit. (Never looses a single pound doing 50s.;-) He is an air fern and we just love him. EVERY saddle pinched him and made him mad or buck until we went treeless. Now he has been very comfortable and pain free for over 3 years. Always all As on back at vet checks too plus some BCs. But you gotta get a breast collar and grab some mane or that saddle will go right over when you get on with a treeless. Nothing to hold it on with that round horse!;-) But he will be very comfortable.
-------------Karla Watson/Oregon