[RC] MSU tendon and ligament document - sowright

Many of you requested the MSU tendon and ligament document, which I've maile out.  If you requested it, but have not received it, please email me at sowright@xxxxxxx.

Also, I forgot to tell you that our vet had me ice my horse's legs for 15 minutes after each hand-walking session.  Once he stopped showing inflammation, I no longer had to ice his legs.  Also, the vet said that MSM supplementation would help with the swelling, which I also used.  I guess that's why it's a banned substance!

My horse was on 2 weeks stall rest (his psychological limit!) prior to going to MSU, then he was on limited turnout in a paddock and stalled at night for another month or so.  Eventually, I let him have full turnout, because as he felt better, he got more wild when he was limited than when he could do as he wished.  I'm sure that's pretty typical for a high-energy equine athlete.

Sandra Wright