[RC] SERA/GERA Convention - Truman Prevatt

I'm pleased to announce that the Southeast Endurance Riders Association (SERA) and the Georgia Endurance Riders Association (GERA) will hold their convention on 21 Jan 2006 at the Hyatt Regency Suites in Marietta, Georgia.

This years educational program will feature Professor Lynn Crespo. Lynn is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacolgoy and Molecular Therapeutics at the University of South Florida College of Medicine where she is the Director of Pharmacology Education. One of Dr. Crespo's expertise is in the biochemistry of electrolytes. She will discuss the how's, why's, what's and when's associated with electrolyte depletion and supplementation of endurance horses. She will also take questions and discuss the use and misuse of other substances in endurance horses. Lynn not only has the expertise and background she comes from an endurance family and has spent many hours crewing for her husband and son.

This year for your listening and dancing pleasure - we are having one of the hottest new Southern rock/blues bands around. The Miller/Crain band also has it's SERA connection with the drummer, the husband of our very own endurance riding diva and chain saw expert, Sarah Eingsberg. One the guitar is fellow endurance rider, a good friend and Country Music Association award winner Tommy Crain.

For more details contact me privately or check http://www.seraonline.org/SERA2005Awards.pdf

If you are not a member but are interesting in getting involved or more involved in endurance riding, please feel free to join us. We will be glad to have you.

Truman

--

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity."

- Albert Einstein