Re: [RC] guns - Vallonelee

In a message dated 12/27/05 8:46:26 PM US Mountain Standard Time, tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I know a lot of people that do the same. I don't
know of anyone that has had a horse so injured they needed to be put
down on the spot.
We had to help a neighbor put his horse down.  The kid was riding and got tossed and the horse was hit by a car.  It's hind leg was literally hanging by skin and a few tendons.  In our neck of the desert (Arizona) the vet covers a very large area.  She said it would take her at least 3-4 hours to get there to do the job. I had the gun but told the neighbor how to do the deed (as I didn't want that on my head).  He used my gun and put the horse down.  There was no doubt that there was no saving that poor animal.

As for riding with a gun - nope.  Out here we don't have too many places for an ambush and I am not opposed to giving my pony his head and leaving in a hurry.

Lee