[RC] New Topic - WRSINOSKY

Got a new question for ya'll.  Since I've incarcerated Doimas for the time being (lameness issue) and will be riding Sebastian, I'd like some suggestions.

Sebastian is fantastic going downhill, uphill and over rocks.  He has just one really terrible habit that I'd really like to stop...immediately, if not sooner.

When we come to an area where there is a big ditch or wash, instead of walking down into it or jumping it (and no, he doesn't try blasting down sideways to see how far into my throat he can get my heart. That's Doimas' trick.) hmmm, as I was saying, instead of going over the ditch, he jumps down  into it with his front feet. It is about the most unnerving thing. I can imagine both his front legs snapping from the impact. I don't know howelse to explain this.

I've tried walking him down into the gulley, but given the slightest chance, he bolts feet first down into the bottom of the ditch.  No wonder my fillings are falling out!

Any suggestions?

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ