Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.3299 running up a hill - Chipnml

A few years ago I was able to do a little experiment, since the loops on a 50 mile ride took us up the same long steep hill three times.  The first time I let Cheers just zip up at a gallop...my heart moniter read 230.  The second time we walked up and it read 180.  The third time I got off and tailed up, and the heart moniter read 110.  That made me realize just what kind of stress is put on your horse taking him up a hill at various gaits.  Another thing you can do is try it yourself....first run, then walk up a hill and see how you feel at the top.

Chip