From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jonni
Sent: Wednesday, December 21, 2005 10:31 AM
To: Ridecamp
Subject: [RC] Riding after eating question

If I am remembering right, Dr. Garlinghouse DVM suggests waiting 4 hours after a horse eats a LARGE meal before working them hard.  I'd guess you are fine Diane to work your horses after they have been eating their dinner.  Of course, some object to being pulled away from the meal, while others are fussy if you work them before they eat, as they know they will get fed when done.... I try to never feed right away when I am done working them, so they do not get in the habit of a "reward when done". It seems to create more problems, as they learn the sooner they are done, the sooner they get fed.  This is especially bad on those who learn to jig home after a ride, knowing they will soon be fed.

Jonni

CONFIDENTIAL
This communication (including any attachments) may contain privileged or confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this communication and/or shred the materials and any attachments and are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this communication, or the taking of any action based on it, is strictly prohibited. Thank you.