[RC] OT- Dog Food ALERT !! RECALL !! - Raven

Dog Food Alert !!  Info from a beagle list:

From Diamond's website

http://www.diamondpet.com/

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 20, 2005

Media Contact:
Mark Brinkman, Diamond Pet Food
573/229-4203

Diamond Pet Food has discovered aflatoxin in a product manufactured at our
facility in Gaston, South Carolina. Aflatoxin is a naturally occurring
toxic chemical by-product from the growth of the fungus Aspergillus
flavus, on corn and other crops.

Out of an abundance of caution, we have notified our distributors and
recommended they hold the sale of all Diamond Pet Food products
formulated with corn that were produced out of our Gaston facility
(see complete list below). Please note that products manufactured at
our facilities in Meta, Missouri and Lathrop, California are not
affected.

The Gaston facility date codes are unique from other Diamond facility codes in
that either the eleventh or twelfth character in the date code will be
a capital "G" (in
reference to Gaston). The range of date codes being reviewed are "Best By
01-March-07" through Best By "11-June-07". Diamond's quantitative analysis
records substantiate that Diamond's corn shipments were definitively clear
of aflatoxin after December 10. As such, "Best By 11-June-07" date codes or
later are not affected by this notice.

States serviced by our Gaston facility include
Alabama, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky (eastern),
Main, Maryland,
Massachusetts, Mississippi, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North
Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, West
Virginia, Vermont, and Virginia.

We are rapidly analyzing retained samples of all products produced in Gaston
so we can isolate specific lot numbers impacted and provide this information
to our distributors, retailers and customers as quickly as possible.

Meanwhile, if your pet is showing any symptoms of illness, including
sluggishness or lethargy combined with a reluctance to eat, yellowish
tint to the eyes and/or gums, and severe or bloody diarrhea, please
consult your veterinarian immediately.

Product quality and customer satisfaction are important to us. We
pledge to keep you updated as new developments occur.

Gaston Facility Products Removed From Sale

Diamond Low Fat Dog Food
Diamond Hi-Energy Dog Food
Diamond Maintenance Dog Food
Diamond Performance Dog Food
Diamond Premium Adult Dog Food
Diamond Puppy Food
Diamond Maintenance Cat Food
Diamond Professional Cat Food
Country Value Puppy
Country Value Adult Dog
Country Value High Energy Dog
Country Value Adult Cat Food
Professional Chicken & Rice Senior Dog Food
Professional Reduced Fat Chicken & Rice Dog Food
Professional Adult Dog Food
Professional Large-Breed Puppy Food
Professional Puppy Food
Professional Reduced Fat Cat Food