Re: [RC] [RC] kicking - agilbxr

The only horse I've ever had a problem with kicking was Spot.  When he was slightly greener (neon) as opposed to now (medium green), we were out riding in the forest with a friend and her rather green mare. Remind me NEVER to take two young horses out on the trail together EVER again, even if they are both doing pretty good by themselves.  We didn't have fun...  Anyway, after spending 20 minutes trying to cross a 1 foot wide creek and finally having to back them across it, we came upon a couple of riders we didn't know.  Spot, out of nowhere, swung around and launched both hind feet at the new horses, while going up hill. I somersaulted over his head, landed on my feet, and proceeded to break my riding crop on him while chasing him backwards for a good 30-45 seconds or so, yelling and swatting.  He got the point, and hasn't done it again, however, I always pay attention to attit ude around other horses.  The ears MUST stay unpinned, and no ugly faces allowed.

In the barn area, if there  is any spatting with people around, the offenders get chased and yelled at and beaten if I can catch them with whatever is handy. (tonight it was a feed bucket, but I only really had to yell and threaten, and they all when.."oop! sorry mom").  There will be no bad manners with people around.  And they, for the most part, know that.

Juli and the Crew
Spot (don't go after the other horses even if dinner is forthcoming, especially if people are around. Mom doesn't like that)
Alpine (I don't do things like that. I don't like conflict....)
and the rest of the boarding barn, who know Juli doesn't like to be run over by squabbling horses and she will chase and yell at us, even if we don't belong to her....