From: "Jonni" <jonnij@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC] Tailgating a kicker

You need to punish her before she kicks. In my book, the thought is as
=
bad as the action. If she pins her ears, get after her. And one swat on
=
the butt for starting to back towards another to kick is not enough.
She =
would have got religion right then and there. That does not mean
beating =
the crap out of her. Swat her forward, then put her into some kind of =
work immediately. Circles, forward, what ever so she know that was NOT
=
acceptable behavior. If she is aggressive towards other horses on the
=
trail, and is getting away with it, then you have not establishing =
yourself as being in charge.

Don't get you, her, or someone else or their horse kicked or
nip it in the bud now..