[RC] goethe challenge, a rainy day in florida! - Ed Kilpatrick

it rained almost all day saturday during the goethe challenge.  little bitty stinging rain, big old fat rain, rain that even came in sideways.  sometimes it seemed like the rain came from underneath.....
but we rode!  and we finished!  i rode my paso fino gelding, alto voltaje, (aka Big Al), along with alison torrington who rode my paso fino mare mayday, lisa salas on gator, an arab gelding, and megan(dadgummit what's her last name?) on her arab gelding luke.  it was the first fifty for big al and mayday, so we were excited that they finished in great shape. i dont have any info on the numbers of finishers. it was still raining, so we headed for home shortly after the final vet check. drove 200 miles home and it rained the entire time.
a HUGE thank you to pat thomas, helen koehler(sp?) and their multitude of volunteers, vet staff, and sponsors for a fantastic ride on some of the best trails around!     cowboy ed