Re: [RC] Best Emergency Boot? - Dream Weaver

 But seriously IMHO the EasyBoot is still the best emergency boot
cause the Epics and Macs have rubbing issues that need time to work
out and the Bosanas (spelled right?) need a secure shoe to keep them
on. Merry Christmas, Don Huston

I still think the Epic is best. I've done the last 8 rides on two horses, so four rides each with the newest gaiters and with no wrapping and neither horse had any rubbing. I used vetrap earlier in the year on Chief and he did 2000 miles in the epics (older gaiters) and when I did that he didn't have any rubbing. If you are using it for an emergency boot you are probably only going to need to put it on till the next stopping point, where if you do end up finishing the rest of the ride in it you could take it off and vetwrap then if you aren't sure about there being any rubbing. If my horses aren't getting any rubs in 50 mile rides then I think for the most the rubbing problem has been solved. :)

Best advice for getting an Epic to use as a spare -- make sure you use it a couple of times on your horse so you know how to get it on and off securely (and also quickly, so if you have to do it on the trail with horses whizzing by can have it on in 30 seconds or less). The boots go on much easier after they have been used a couple of times, the gaiters become more flexible. Also, some horses might hold their legs up high when they have something around their ankles like that for the first time.

Karen
in NV