[RC] diesel automatic or manual - Laura Hayes

I am not a motorhead, and have no idea how they work - I just know what does work!!!!! I have pulled trailers on long hauls with all the variations of trucks over the last 20 years.

Currently I have a 2004 GMC diesel one ton non dually.  It has worked hard for over 40K miles now pulling both the Mothership (huge steel frame, 40 foot, loaded LQ) for  6 weeks during XP04, and my standard Featherlite three horse LQ.  It has the Allison (automatic) transmission, and it pulls up and down like a dream from Nevada to Wyoming to the Smokey mountains.  This is a GREAT truck.  I am pretty sure there is not lack of power from the auto transmission.

Laura Hayes