[RC] Diamond V Equine Information - Don Huston

After reading Bruce Weary's post about yeast I emailed Diamond V and below are their 2 prompt replies.

Don,
Thank you for your interest in our products.
I have asked our Equine Business Manager to get in contact with you on the recommendation levels of the product.
We have several Feed Companies who carry our products in CA, such as Western Milling, Cargill, and J.D. Heiskell
I will be going on vacation this weekend, and will be back in the office on January 03.
I will call you then.
Thank you.

Luciene Ribeiro
Regional Sales Manager
Diamond V Mills
Visalia, California
Phone: (559)-730-8769 Fax: (559)-627-4251
lribeiro@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Don,
I was asked to contact you regarding the use of Diamond V Yeast Culture in your endurance horses.  It appears that Luciene has pointed you in the right direction regarding product locations.  One thing to keep in mind is that a number of national brands include our Yeast Culture in their premium feeds.  To better help you with formulation I need to know a little about your horses size, age, and current feeding program.  I have attached a report from Cal Poly that you might find useful.  They tested  Diamond V Yeast culture on endurance horses and had very positive results.  I have also attached some additional information concerning our product that might help as well.  In general our recommendation for endurance horses is 2 oz of Diamond V XP Yeast Culture per day.  This can be fed all at once or split between two feedings.  The product is very palatable and can be topdressed or mixed into a feed.  I look forward to learning a little more about your current program and will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Paul Kropp
Business Manager, Equine
Diamond V Mills