[RC] something different - larry Miller

My grain mixture is approx 50% corn and 50% oats.  I have bran added as well as other goodies.  The only tummy problems I have gotten over the years was due to too many apples from the apple trees and too much green swamp grass in the fall.  I also feed ABC+.  My horses are very healthy, usually get 2 flakes of hay per feeding in the winter, but in the riding season have access to 20 acres of pasture.  I do not feed much grain, about 1/2 a big coffee can.  The grain is about 11% protein. Extra grain is fed after an endurance weekend as well as during the ride.  Maggie usually gains weight during the ride season, Rowdy tends to lose weight so his grain is increased during the ride season, approx a hefty half a huge coffee can.  So I don't feed yeast, but something is going right and I would hate to change a thing.  If it aint broke, don't fix it.  Jeanie