Re: [RC] Bosana Boot - Suzi Maiorisi

Thank you for clearing that up!  My ex (yankee) insisted that we ALL use ya'll when referring to a single person which I set him straight pretty quick on proper Southern grammar <G>
Suzi...southern to my toes and Holly who got here as soon as she could.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 10:15 AM
Subject: RE: [RC] Bosana Boot

Sorry about the busted ribs, but you do get a gold star for spelling "y'all"
>>>correctly as well as its plural.

I am well aware of the above spelling when I write "ya'll". I have been corrected many times, always by Yankees. "Ya'll" is not an abreviation of "You all" since we would never say "You all". "Ya'll" is a word that stands on its own and is properly pronounced "yawl" not "Ya all"...and don't get me started about how we don't pronounce things correctly...I don't take correction from anyone who puts two syllables in a word as short as "oil" Ya'll kill me saying OY YULL.

And finally, ya'll *is* plural! No southerner in the world would say "Ya'll" to one person!!!!!  "All Ya'll" is an all encompassing plural...I'm not just talking to ya'll yankees, I'm talking to ALL ya'll!"

Angie.