[RC] Save our trails from a OHV take over Northen CA. near Placerville - Steven Proe

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:15 PM
Subject: Eldorado National Forest  OHV designation meeting

Important meeting! Please tell your friends!

Important the Eldorado National Forest OHV Route Designation Meeting will be held on
Wednesday, December 14th, from 7 to 9 p.m..

This meeting will be at the Office of Education on Green Valley Road, Building 1. just off Highway 50 heading eastbound towards Rescue, CA..

It is vital to protecting the interests of the natural resource protection and non-motorized recreation activities that includes horses and horse rides, which now has a very good track record in this National Forest.

It would be advantageous to the horse and hiking groups to have a good presence.

The off-road community is planning a big turnout, in hopes of influencing,( as I have been told and have personally seen the devastation that the OHV vehicles have caused in the El Dorado National Forest that is located in Georgetown, CA.) the Forest Supervisor through a show of force.

Please show your support for clean water, wildlife habitat, unfragmented natural
communities and quiet recreation that includes horse use and hiking by attending this meeting and making your presence and preferences known to the Forest Service.

This is a chance to support and protect these goals, so that the OHV users ,do not endanger our present (horse and hiking users and use's)

We are now a vested stakeholders with rights and by allowing the OHV community, to try to use this practice to intimidate the Forest Service. The OHV community may endanger our stakeholder rights to use these trails in a quiet, and peaceful manner, as we have for over a hundred years, without the noise and dusty trails which the motorcycles have caused including the hazardous rutted trail conditions, with massive amounts of silt, sedimentations that enters and spoils the watershed, which can and have injured horses, riders. hikers and yes the critters that live in the National Forest.

Thanks!

Steven Proe
PO Box #94
Greenwood, CA.