 From: Dabney Finch=20
 To: Nancy Reed ; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx=20
 Cc: 'Barbara McCrary' ; sehredt@xxxxxxxxxxxx=20
 Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 5:25 PM
 Subject: Re: California Statute/liability issue

Nancy Reed wrote:

 I think a point has been missed in this discussion.  I think (and I =
sure could be wrong) that the issue is about the STATE of California's =
duties to the public in state owned parks that are specifically for =
trail use.   I do not think it is about Joe Sixpack's duty should he =
have a trail on his property.

Dabney's response:

 Nancy--you're right.  That was the original issue.  But then someone =
mentioned this statute--and it kindof went off from there.  (Like =
branches growing out of a tree.)  I'm sure everyone will be most happy =
to return and deal with this one now!