Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2328 Balance - Dabney Finch

Thanks for sharing that.  What a great introduction to endurance riding!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 11:43 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC-Digest] Vol: 03.2328 Balance

I loved this posting; it reminded me of my jumping/dressage instructor  Max Von Bluecher. He was an ex-German cavalry officer, and claimed everyone should be able to adjust their stirrups and tighten their girths at a gallop.  At the end of the lessons, he'd show up with his own horse and say (with a gleam in his eye) "Oh, let's take them for a little walk on the trail to cool them down!"  After galloping for an hour, jumping everything that came in our way, we'd return from "cooling the horses down." He died this fall and is very much missed.

Chip