  From: Lynne Glazer
  To: Shari
  Cc: Ridecamp
  Sent: Friday, February 04, 2005 9:21 PM
  Subject: Re: [RC] Holy cow! News Flash!

  Dear Shari,

  Let's just get it out on the table.  The publications editor of
  AERC/Endurance News is NOT an endurance rider!  This is nothing
  PERSONAL.  In example, the photo which was chosen as January's cover
  was ultimately rejected last minute (after much work on my part in
  image prep) because the helmet strap on a junior wasn't tight enough.
  Oversight like that is important, to make sure our journal which goes
  out to people worldwide properly represents the viewpoint of the
  organization.

  In further example, Kim Fuess' article on negative splits was rejected
  when first submitted.  She went  to one of the AERC officers to get it
  reconsidered, and it was ultimately published, I think, as is.  Maybe
  you should consider that route.

  If you are making a joke, make some allowance for the lack of nuance in
  typewritten characters, and use a SMILEY or comment <grin> to insure
  you aren't misunderstood.  Yeah, it may be overkill, but it will
  prevent knee-jerk reactions.

  Lynne
  intolerant of extreme viewpoints whether political or experiential--
  and it is extremely gorgeous here, 72 degrees, I shot glorious poppies
  today, so don't accuse me of not getting out enough on my currently
  barefoot horses