Re: [RC] Holy cow! News Flash! - Lynne Glazer

Dear Shari,

Let's just get it out on the table. The publications editor of AERC/Endurance News is NOT an endurance rider! This is nothing PERSONAL. In example, the photo which was chosen as January's cover was ultimately rejected last minute (after much work on my part in image prep) because the helmet strap on a junior wasn't tight enough. Oversight like that is important, to make sure our journal which goes out to people worldwide properly represents the viewpoint of the organization.

In further example, Kim Fuess' article on negative splits was rejected when first submitted. She went to one of the AERC officers to get it reconsidered, and it was ultimately published, I think, as is. Maybe you should consider that route.

If you are making a joke, make some allowance for the lack of nuance in typewritten characters, and use a SMILEY or comment <grin> to insure you aren't misunderstood. Yeah, it may be overkill, but it will prevent knee-jerk reactions.

Lynne
intolerant of extreme viewpoints whether political or experiential--
and it is extremely gorgeous here, 72 degrees, I shot glorious poppies today, so don't accuse me of not getting out enough on my currently barefoot horses