Re: [RC] Caught in a .....um....lie? - katswig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Karen said:

Kat, I don?t receive individual mails and it?s easy to miss
things when you read from the archives, but saying that I lied
is a far stretch and rude.

I didn't say Karen lied.  What I said is that it was a "lie?" or she was
"mistaken?"  I don't (and couldn't) know whether her statement from
yesterday: "nobody ever attempted to answer this question when I asked it"
was deliberately untrue (which would make it a lie) or accidentally untrue
(which would make it a mistake); however, the fact remains, the statement
was untrue.

And the reason I bothered to mention it, is that I see the same thing
happening again, just with a different set of players.  There are a
different set of people asking the same question/s and "not getting an
answer" because they either aren't listening, or don't want to hear it
anyway.  And I could see, three years from now, these same people making
the same untrue statement that Karen made yesterday and asserting that
nobody ever attempted to answer their questions.

In addition, I don?t think your explanation is plausible...

Whether you think my answer was a good answer or not is irrelevant as to
whether anybody tried to answer it. :)

The fact remains that three years ago, Karen got an answer to her question
that she either didn't hear or chose not to hear, and I see history
repeating itself.  Hopefully, because these same people don't want to be
"caught in the same lie" that Karen was and have it pointed out to them by
me three years later:), that they won't make the same mistake that she did
then...which was to not pay attention to the answers she was getting.

for a lot of horses who are tender on the rocks and get immediate relief
when shoes are applied.  There are many reasons for a horse to be sore on
the rocks and not all of them have to do with excessive wear.   Shoes will
make the horse comfortable in some of those conditions and not in others.<<

We can debate this question (if people are interested in hearing the myriad
of reasons that different types of shoes can provide protection to
different horses hooves)  separately.  But I will only do that if I have
some assurance that people will pay attention enough that it is worth the
effort:).  I am more than willing to share everybody's experiences with
how/why/to what extent and in what manner shoes (in all their types) do and
do not improve hoof function under what circumstances, etc. so that
everybody can benefit from everybody else's experiences without,
necessarily having to repeat the experiments themselves (since I am
constantly running these experiments, constantly quizzing other people on
their experiences, and constantly surveying new products, technologies,
protocols, etc. that address this question.)

This, however, cannot be done with people who are of the opinion that "all
horses must be barefoot to be sound." Or those that are of the opinion that
"all horses could go barefoot over any kind of terrain for any number of
miles if they were just sufficiently conditioned for it."  Both of these
are inappropriate assumptions to start from, and people who are really
interested in intelligently addressing the "what is the best way to care
for our horses feet" question should not start with those as given.

kat
Orange County, Calif.

http://mail2web.com/ .