[RC] outlaw shoes - Ed Kilpatrick

well,  if they outlaw horse shoes,   only us outlaws will have horse shoes.....heh heh!

i like what joe long said,  go barefoot when you can,   shoe when you need to.   kinda like me,  i wear my boots when i'm picking blackberries, but not when i'm walking on the beach.

and to keep this endurance related,   i have done some endurance rides on barefoot horses.  gorgeous george did a 75 mile ride, five 50 milers and a 55 miler in 2003, all barefoot.  i did a 50 miler at river run on jefe, my other mustang, and he was barefoot.  you should see his feet!  i havent measured, but his hoof wall looks like it is about 3/8"  thick!  but we are in the southeast, and dont have rock like up north and out west.   i put shoes on GG for the alabama yellowhammer, because it is rocky up there.   he was shod for tevis and shod for the goethe 100 miler a couple of months ago.     cowboy ed