RE: [RC] Why I joined this list (to Shannon) - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Katie censashanljourney@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Shannon wrote:  <I ride my horse barefoot and you can
all cut me anyway you want I will continue to ride my
horse barefoot, I really don't care how many miles you
have or how many years you have ridden horses. After
all amateurs build the Ark and professionals built the
Titanic.>

Hi Shannon,
       I don't believe anyone is 'cutting' those who have
barefoot endurance horses.  (By the term 'cutting' I'm
assuming you mean insulting).  Perhaps I'm reading
these posts differently.  You're right that everyone
should be respectful of others' opinions, and It looks
to me that the only quarreling there has been on this
topic is due to miscommunication/lack of clarification, as well as
overly-defensive barefoot believers.
       Also, if you joined this list "to learn about
endurance and to meet endurance people"  why did you
say "I really don't care how many miles you have or
how many years you have ridden horses"? (I'm assuming
'you' means everyone on ridecamp) Those two comments
are pretty contradicting, and the second one sure
isn't very respectful.
 You did say that you liked a good debate, so perhaps
you're just stirring the pot for the heck of it.
       Don't mean to be rude by this email, but let's not
make enemies for no reason.  Everyone who's heated
about the barefoot posts should probably just shrug
their shoulders and go ride.  I liked what Maryanne had to say, too.

Katie

On Feb 2, 2005, at 8:33 PM, Chastain, Shannon L.