RE: [RC] Why I joined this list (to Shannon) - heidi

I am not really looking for camaraderie I like a good debate, there are
just some people on this list that do not respect other peoples
opinions. I already belong to the other list. Thanks,

A good debate requires that both sides have respect for each other.  The
nassssty shoeing people have for the most part expressed respect for those
who make the choice to go barefoot and who are honest about what it
entails.  What they've been told in return is that they abuse their
horses, they don't care about their horses, they don't try hard enough,
and that they WILL change their minds.  That is not debate--that is
fight-picking.  There IS a difference.

Karen Standefer gave you a very detailed and accurate response to your
question about sole protection by shoes.  I gathered from your last post
that you weren't looking for an answer--you were setting yourself up to
appear to be picked on.  If you were truly looking for an honest debate,
you might have provided some discussion in response to Karen's excellent
post.

Despite those who would twist my words and those of others here to the
contrary, there are darn few of us here who are "against" people choosing
to go barefoot.  But the chip on the shoulders of some of the barefoot
folks seems to be so broad that anybody who doesn't just rush right in and
embrace their rhetoric is a nasty person.

(And no, Shannon, not everything in life is an opinion--some things are
facts.  And part of good debating is presenting facts to support your
opinions.)

Heidi