Fwd: [RC] Barefpoot at WEC in Dubai - RBluebirdpr

--- Begin Message ---
In a message dated 2/2/2005 10:10:47 AM Eastern Standard Time, heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I'm not surprised--the WEC venue was about as ideal as one could ask for a
barefoot horse.  That also underscores the differences between the trails
available in Dubai and many of the US trails that writers have cited here.
And while personally I don't buy the argument that the sandy trail at the
WEC is not an endurance ride, anyone would be a fool to not understand the
differences between that trail and the majority of US trails.
Becky Harris called me last night and said that two days before the ride that Honey was dead lame in the rear and was told she would not start and Honey was turned out in the pasture and ordered to have her shoes removed.  For some reason the farrier never got to her and the day before the race the vets happened to check Honey again and she was sound.  She was lame on pavement and sound in the sand.  Becky said she had packed up all of her gear to go home and she was told she would start.  The rest is history and I'll let Becky finish her incredible story of the WEC.

Phil Rash

--- End Message ---