[RC] LTE - Tucson Citizen This Morning - sherman

Carolyn wrote:
I agree that we need to move our manure off of the trails, maybe not at the time the horse drops it, but to move it on a regular basis from the trails.  I will say though, that you can accidentally step in dog poop, only a complete idiot could say they didn't see the pile of manure on the trail.

The birds get to the manure piles in my stalls and pasture so quickly, that they are pretty much scattered within hours. Makes it very hard to pick up with my scoop. I can't imagine much of it lasting very long on mountain trails. And, I've heard that a week after Tevis, there's no manure to be found on the trail. The birds & other wildlife don't touch my dog's droppings though. I rarely see dog owners picking up after their dogs on the trail. Give me horse manure over dog 's droppings (or cow patties) any day (:>). Just another thought, those darn coyotes sure make a mess on the trails, and it's so funny that they make a special effort to leave their mark on the most visible spot on the trail. I guess they just want to make very sure we see it!

KathyGrass Valley, CA