Re: [RC] JMHO - EquesB

In a message dated 1/31/2005 11:31 P Eastern Standard Time, smuncy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
In reguard to "races".............. it appears that is what is wanted, by those competing.........and setting standards * ;  relatively, flat, easy footing, no deep sand, no mud, no mountains to climb, no rocks,etc.,,,,,,,,,  to have to navigate through -- just canter, gallop.
    I disagree here, the reason the WEC was held in Dubai is because UAE offered to host the venue.  It appears to me that those competing just want to compete on whatever trails are available for International competition.  If you want the WEC to be held on Tevis trails someone is going to have to step up to the plate.

    As far as UAE building a flat track for their normal home endurance races, that is what they have to work with.  But, if the belly aching keeps going on, I guess they will have to build a mountain, do you guys want to sell some of your rocks?  :-))

JMHO,

Jackie Baker