Re: [RC] [RC] Endless Valley and N.Ohio ride - Valerie Nicoson

Tim--I did the Endless Valley 25LD ride in WI this past year and really enjoyed it.  If they offer a paddock for your horse--take it!  The paddocks for the horses were quite large and grassy.  The trails are good for barefooters too...grassy, wooded, dirt trails...very few rocks. Lots of rolling hills with at least 3 good, long climbs.  The morning of the ride was good, cold and frosty which made the beginning miles of the ride slick as it was on grass.  RC was at a stable and stalls were also offered.  Indoor bathrooms and a shower too :-)  From the start line to entering the woods they had painted arrows and lines on the grass and fortunately I had handwalked my mare down there and got her use to that...initially she didn't want to cross those lines, then wanted to jump/skip over them and then got used to them and found them no big deal.  VCs were all distances were held in camp.  The 25s had to repeat a 12.5 mile loop.  The 50s had to do the same but also had an additional they got to ride as well.  Endurance driving was also held and shared some of the same trails.  Even though there were repeat loops I still enjoyed it as the scenery was great!  IMHO I would recommend this ride to 25 and 50 milers...for longer distances, I would hope they could get more land to ride on or create more trails.

Val + Sania