Re: [RC] [RC] Hackamores? - April

My favorite cover is a neoprene nose pad from Valley Vet. Costs $4.75. I bought one for Tanna's Arabian Hamilton halter and one for his Little S hackamore. I really like them. Very nice padding with a low profile. I used to use vet wrap, but it'd get nasty after awhile and I'd have to rewrap. Then I used a sheepskin cover that got stiff and picked up burrs. Too much maintenance. ;-) I was afraid at first that the neoprene padding would be too much and Tanna would be unresponsive to the hack, but that hasn't happened. He's just as responsive (or unresponsive ;-)) as before.

http://tinyurl.com/8bn8c

April
Nashville, TN

On 12/9/05, Jonni < jonnij@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
- Juli Jakub posted:
>>>I like the idea of an S hack but the rope on the ones I saw seems thin
and rough...<<<

It is not too tough to cover them with different materials.