[RC] Fw: “THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A HORSE OWNER”… - Chrystal

“THINGS NOT TO SAY TO A HORSE OWNER”

     We’ve all heard them – “Helpful” comments from well-meaning “non”-horsy folks who haven’t got a clue:

     My personal favorite is “Horses don’t have personalities, they just sand there and blink”!

 “Riding isn’t a sport, the horse does all the work”.

 “Oh, you’re going to breed her… how long will it take her to have a litter”?

 “Why do you have so many horse? You can only ride one at a time”.

 “Doesn’t it hurt when you fall off”?

 Any phrase, containing the word “hay-burner”.

 “Why don’t you train it to go outside like a dog, instead of in its stall”?

 “If you kept the house as neat as you do the barn, we wouldn’t have to look for things”.

 “Did you step in something? Your boots stink”.

 “Should you still be riding at your age”?

 “My teen is so lazy. I’ll send him/her to your place-maybe you can get him/her to work”!

 “You paid HOW much? For a Horse”?

 “Your horse is old and you don’t ride him anyway, why don’t you just sell him”?

 “The way you treat that horse, you’d think it was part of your family”!

 “You let a Fairy work on the back end of your horse”?

 “You have to buy hay? Can’t they just eat grass”?

 “Your barn is cleaner than your house”!

 “Your horse is only worth what someone will pay you for him”.

 “My car/boat/motorcycle just sits in the garage until I need it”!

 “If you spent as much time with your husband as you do your horse, you’d have a happier marriage”.

 “Your horse’s only talent is stimulating the economy”!

 “Why put your vet’s kids through college? You could be taking a vacation”!

 “Shouldn’t that saddle in your living room be in your barn”?

 “Gosh – Your horse trailer cost more than my house”!

 “Imagine how much money you’d have if you didn’t have all these horses to feed”?

 “Ewe! Horse poop. How do you walk around here”?

 “Haven’t you outgrown that horse “thing” yet”?

 “Geez-It’s ONLY a horse”!

 “You have horses? You must be RICH”!