To: dpayne@xxxxxxxx
Sent: 12/6/05 5:46:08 PM
Subject: [RC] LD riding snobs

Hi Debbie,

I'm just catching up on RC but saw your message.  I started in LD's 4 years ago and thought I'd NEVER go farther.  Well guess what, this year I actually started (1) 100 miler (Tevis but pulled at Foresthill) as well as finished my first 100 miler (Swanton Pacific).

I'm either living in nirvana or oblivious to mean people. . . I've never had anyone 'look down their nose' at me for doing LD's (I did them the first 2 years).  In fact my greenie finished his first 25 miler with an inexperienced rider (my son's girlfriend - her first 25 miler) this year, and with an experienced 100 mile rider (THANK YOU KIM).  We've all I guess been blessed, either that or live in the right part of the world.

By they way, I'd have NEVER been able to accomplish any of this without some very caring vets (Nancy Elliott and Michele Rou ch come to mind) as well as encouragement from friends, riding buddies and really experienced people (Julie Suhr as a matter of fact gave me the inspiration to show for BC at 6:38 a.m. on the morning after my 100 miler. . . and both she and her famous daughter helped clear the cobwebs out of my brain and the dust off my horse to do it).  NONE OF WHICH EVER 'LOOKED DOWN ON ME'!!

If you need any inspiration or encouragement, just let me know.  I have a few ride stories that might help you like others helped me.  And if you run into anybody 'looking down their noses', well, I'm sure they're few and far between. . . at least I've never met them!!!

Enjoy the fun and keep us abreast of your progress!

Sandy
The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to whic h it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP is a Delaware limited liability partnership.