Sent: Monday, December 05, 2005 11:17 AM
Subject: [RC] Let's talk endurance goals for '06

Since I refuse to enter the current food fight on RC, I think we should change the subject....

The Question of the Day: What are your goals for '06, and how are you going to obtain them?

My answer:  I am planning on doing at least five 100 milers on Equal Terms this coming season - a VERY lofty goal, but obtainable, I think.  She will be 15, it will be her fifth year of competition, and she did three 100s, a 75, and several 50's (including back to back 50's twice) in '05.  I was going to retire her and start riding my next mare in line, Bey Allure, who will be 10 next year, but ET is sound and LOVES going down the trail, and seems to thrive on 100s....since I LOVE 100s, it seemed like a no brainer to keep her on the trail.

She is having a few months off now, with her shoes pulled and her coat shaggy.  I will start riding her lightly in mid Feb and take her to the Sand Hills 100 in SC in mid March.

That's the plan----what is yours????

Laura Hayes AERC#2741
W. New York