[RC] question about vosal or hackamore - Chipnml

I'd like to get people's advice on using a vosal or hackamore.  My new horse is very green, but very responsive to the bit, and seems quite mellow on the trail using just a copper-mouth D snaffle (of course we haven't actually done a ride yet!).  I'd like to switch him to a vosal or S-hackamore mainly because of the convenience for eating and drinking, but have never used one before.  I'm curious about the pros and cons of this.  He's nine years old and has been well-treated his whole life, but has had little riding other than 90 days training as a 3-year-old.  I'm doing a lot of dressage work with him this winter, along with trail riding. He has a very sweet and willing personality that is taking some getting used to after all the years of dealing with Cheers :^)  Thanks in advance.

Chip