Sent: Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:09 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Gun Season

Kari,

 First off, you can live with that knee.  I hope.  :))  I have had 2 knee surgeries on the same knee, there is nothing left in either of them.  The point is, that if you keep using them, it will strengthen them.  It has taken me 7 years, but my knee doesn't hurt anymore.  At any distances.  I only wish I could say the same for the back.

Deer season/guns and horses...don't mix.  Not here in Alabama anyway.  I stop going to the forrest to ride during hunting season.  It will be the end of Jan. before I am back up there.  All the blaze orange in the world doesn't help when you have some (a few) people in the woods that shoot first, then look to see what it was.  I am just too scared to risk me or my horses.

Jody and the girls

Kari Hanes <khanes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did 2 sat & sun ld rides this summer at White River, it about killed me. Doc says I'll be needing a "new" knee if I keep this up! Then I'll be benched for awhile and I'll drive everyone around me bonkers!

Does anyone ride during gun season, if so, what precautions do you take? I'm thinking the sun is shining and I'd really like to take off for a while. Is a hunter orange vest enough? I'll probably stick to the roads and not venture into the woods.

TIA
Kari
Montalee Arabians
Holton, MI

larry Miller wrote:
Kari, I am still waiting for you to ride both Sat and Sun with me and no whining!!  You know, I need someone to keep me on the straight and narrow and besides th at, I need to teach you my songs!!  Gun season is almost over.  Yippee!  Jeanie