Re: [RC] AHA jr. award--MIA - Chris Paus

Good luck Jody. Let us know what happens. I'm planning to enter a couple of horses in the national championship CTR that will be in Kansas in 2006 and my grandson wants to ride one of them. Will be interesting to see if they treat CTR juniors differently from endurance juniors!

chris

gers-Buttram <dragnin100@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hey,

Here is an update on that jr award from the Biltmore held in May.  NOTHING.

I sent AHA an email today.  Here is what it said.  I guess we can see if anything happens.  :)

  I am writing on behave of my daughter, Joni Buttram, who at the AHA Championship endurance ride held on May 8, 2005 successfully completed the 100 mile event.  She was the high placing jr. in this AHA purebred catergory.  We were told by ride management at the awards that a jr. award was not there, but would be shipped to us.  That never happened.  I have called AHA several times and each time told that the award, (a gift certificate from Ariat) was not yet sent to AHA.  This is becoming a bit ridiculous in nature.  It has not been 7 months, and we still have nothing.  A gift certificate can't take 7 months to acquire.  If AHA is not going to give awards (and I understand that they do no recognize jr riders in endurance, but have sponsorships that do) then they should make that a more public display.  Frankly, I do not plan to cross enter any more horses into the AHA championship rides...based on the performance of this last event.  I would greatly appreciate someone at AHA attending this matter, or at least tell me the truth that there never was such award..
Thank you,
Jody Rogers-Buttram

"Kindness is the mightiest force in the world.
Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com