[RC] beet pulp warning & easy keepers - Karla Watson

I and a couple of my friends have found out that Purina Complete Advantage (finely shredded beet pulp based complete feed) keeps weight on our horses much more effectively than beet pulp alone. I don't soak mine since its very fine but I can feed that for my one boy who doesn't keep weight on well, especially during ride season, and he stays plumper on it. I don't have to feed much of it to put weight on. Too much of it and my boy gets really silly. A little bit of Advantage and a little bit of soaked beet pulp makes him much plumper than tons of beet pulp alone. Big difference for me. Plus they just LOVE to eat it.
---------Karla Watson/Oregon
I have a hard-keeper Thoroughbred mare, and feed her quite a bit of
soaked beet pulp.  I'm always on the look-out for products that help
keep weight on