Re: [RC] How about novice class for LD? Nov issue EN - Susan, Princess of Pink

In my experience, LD has been taken seriously.  LD is a seriously good way to introduce new riders and horses to the sport of ENDURANCE RIDING.

The sport is endurance and endurance is defined by 50 + miles.  By changing (not that change is a bad thing) the defination you aren't solving any problems because then 30 miles will be too long for some guy and 15 miles will be PLENTY long enough.

Maybe the rider just needs to realize that any ride he/she does is serious.  Whether or not someone else thinks so or doesn't think so just really doesn't matter.

Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Please Reply to: Stacy Motschenbacher msmots13@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I liked the article in EN about LD. I would like to see the LD considered a legitamite ride. I think about my husband who has a tennessee walker. Neither husband nor horse have much interest in doing more than 30 miles. Because the LD is kind of considered the "training wheels" of endurance rides, it is not taken very seriously.

Susan [Young], The Princess of Pink
Semper Obliquo (Always aside)

Glenndale Grace Farm, Ft Gibson, Oklahoma U.S.A.

"Ride on! Rough-shod if need be, smooth-shod if that will do, but ride on! Ride on over all obstacles, and win the race!" - Charles Dickens (1812-1870)