[RC] another pig story - larry Miller

One of my favorite incidents occurred early in my distance riding career.  I was crewing for someone, possibly my daughter and her sponsor.  While we were waiting around, someone wanted some advice on how to get her horse thru a mud puddle.  So I gave a variety of good solid advice including having someone lead the horse thru the puddle either on foot or from a horse.  Then this person said, 'I suppose it didn't help when the horse and I were in the puddle and a pig exploded out of the middle!'  My answer?'If I were that horse I would never set foot in a mud puddle again.'  To this day, I cannot cross a huge puddle without imaging a pig exploding out of the middle of the puddle!  Just too funny.  Jeanie