[RC] shoulder surgery, tendanitis ect - Carol Suggs

Well I am still on the mend after having my shoulder surgery on 9/21 and although the torn upper bicep is healing nicely and I almost have 75% of full range of motion back, the lump and bruising on top of my shoulder came back about two weeks ago.  It is in the exact same area that it was pre surgery.  Went away after surgery and has now reared its ugly head again.  The top of my shoulder is so tender and bruised that it hurts to towel it off or even with the slightest touch.  Went back to the ortho surgeon and he is puzzled.  Took an xray, all seems fine, wants another mri.  says that perhaps some cystic tissue got left in there...he thought he cleaned it all out.  Also said that it could be the physical therapy that is making it a little angry.  I have to disagree since it is exactly one of the same issues that I had pre surgery.  Could this have just been chronic tendanitis all along and how the heck do I treat this issue?  I  use pain relievers, anti inflams, ice and heat to no avail.  Soaking in a hot bath seems to help temporarily as does ice, but in 30 minutes the pain is back and its tender.  I have been really resting it because I don't want to re tear that upper bicep.  I am at a loss.  Any suggestions out there?  This is greatly effecting my riding as I have to use a rock, mounting block, side of the trailer to mount (can't pull myself up), have to have someone there to saddle my horse as I can't lift anything and  I certainly can't two hand a horse right now so have been riding our horses that are in the bridle.  Heaven forbid I come off and land on that shoulder, I can't even bare the thought of that.  Pre surgery I tried accupuncture for 6 weeks (3x a week) and cupping twice, neither helped.

Carol-Mariposa, CA