Sent: Thursday, November 10, 2005 10:39 PM
Subject: [AERC_CT_Region] How to find the coordinates of AERC ridecamps to help in clendar mapping

We now have a way of showing the location of rides on a map that goes
along with the ride calendar.  I posted earlier today about this new
feature.

Our difficulty has been getting ridecamp coordinates to add to the maps.
We have been depending on getting GPS coordinates from ride managers or
riders who attended the ride.

There's a way to do this online that will enable anyone who has been to
a ride - and is location oriented - to get the coordinates and send them
for addition to the ride calendar.

If you go to

http://www.juggling.org/bin/un.cgi/map-find

then click on the approximate area of the state where the ride is -
progressive zooms in will bring you to a very detailed map with the
coordinates we need.

The only difficulty is that for the first 3 levels - you only see white
space.  At the 4th level you can see cities/roads, and on the 5th level
you get names.

Unless you are good at guessing where in a large white space the nearest
city is - I'd suggest keeping another window open to yahoo or google
maps(with names) centered on the nearest city so you can select the
right area to get to level 5.

Once you have the coordinates for the rides you are willing to look up -
please send them to Bob Morris - bobmorris@xxxxxxxx - for the calendar.

Mike

Region free dvd Regions mortgage Region free dvd player
Region mortgage company Region code free dvd player Endurance

YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS