[RC] tendonitus in the rider (and a digression....) - agilbxr

Ok, anyone know anything that will help with some tendonitus. I've had it in both ankles for quite a while now (years), and when I was riding Alpine the Paso, it wasn't a problem.  However, Alpine is very bored and kind of cranky on stall rest due to that bowed tendon (it's looking really good...all the swellings gone, now just kinda hard and thickened), and I'm riding Spot, the Appy. His trot is smooth, but I still have to post, and my ankles are now giving me heck.  I try to stretch before and after riding, I massage them, and I've used ice/heat, but they are still killing me.  I can ride comfortably for about 30 minutes before they start to complain...less if I've walked any before riding.  Yesterday, I had 10 minutes before I was dropping my stirrups because it hurt so much.  Try riding a high strung, green broke Appy with a tendency to airs above the ground without stirrups....it gets interesting sometimes. :)

Anyway...help!

Oh, and where is a side pull supposed to sit on the horses nose?  I bought one for Spot..he's really easy to rate unlike Alpine.  And I've adjusted it as high as it'll go, plus I added a hole, and it seems to sit really low on his nose. He responded beautifully to it in the ring (ok, he acted like I put a double twisted wire curb bit with a 6 inch shank in his mouth...he was REALLY light in it, however he seemed pretty happy.  I think that'll be great for trail riding by ourselves...)

Juli and the crew
Alpine (I'm bored....and cranky)
Spot (I'm starting to be a good boy...I think that worries mom...)