Re: [RC] Question for legal eagles/advice from an expert - Chris Paus

Thanks Dean. Oh well I know....

as I think I said, when i was married before, my "then" husband and I were sued by his best friend of 25years when he got hurt on our place.

This last year, my business, a nonprofit organization with a annual budget of a grand total of $30,000, was sued by a woman who got hurt on a semi trailer. The trailer just happened to have the name of my organizaiton on it because the owner of the trailer is a member of our group. We had nothing to do with the trailer or its contents, but a lawyer found a way to connect us. We have an umbrella liability policy. it took a year, but our lawyer got us removed from the lawsuit, sigh.... Imagine paying for all that without insurance!

I do have good liability insurance for my farm and for my riding instruction business. But i don't want to use it.
chris

"Dean A. Conti" <dean@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris,

I consider myself something of an expert on this subject. My wife and I have owned and operated our own manufacturing business for the past 18 years. Approximately 5 years ago we were sued by a disgruntled employee and we did not have employee practice insurance. Without booooring you with the details let me assure you that you haven?t really lived until you have been dragged through multiple, long depositions by intelligent and well trained lawyers who?s sole purpose is to figure out how to extract as much of your personal wealth as possible. You would also learn that no good deed will be left unpunished. Something you would think would be a

"Kindness is the mightiest force in the world.
Chris Paus
Lake Region SWA  http://lakeregionswa.fws1.com