[RC] Rude Riders - WRSINOSKY

I just had to mention the Man vs Horse ride that took place Oct. 1 near Prescott Valley, AZ.  This ride pits runners against horses, so both are constantly passing one another.

I found all the runners to be extremely polite; the riders were also.  When coming up to a runner, we called out "rider passing", since alot of times you cannot hear a horse.  Doimas was rather disturbed with all those two-leggeds and when he saw one in the distance, would pin his ears and argue with me about hurrying to pass them.  It was as if those two legged thinggies had no right to be there.

There were alot of steep mountains and very narrow one-horse trails.  Everyone was polite about waiting until there was a place to get around, runners and riders included.  Although I mentioned sometime ago about Doimas kicking at some well deserved rider, that was due to them letting their horse slam into us not once but several times. This was an exception to the entire day, however, and only a slight annoyance to otherwise polite and thoughtful people.

Man vs Horse is a wonderful example of how we can all share the trail.

cindy edwards
m33041
buckeye, az