[RC] Skymont - High in the Cumberlands - WOW!! - rides2far

I complement June, Larry, Dexter, Buford
(Angie helped too)

Hey, I *offered* but June's one of those people who just does it all
herself rather than explain it to anyone else. >g< Actually, I think
anyone would offer to do what I did...which was basically come up and
ride the trail to help knock the leaves off and make it more obvious.
whew..hard work< :-)

When my high school's football team ended up making the playoffs and
hosting our first ever playoff game we decided to stay home for the game
(I'm team videographer which I love) and go up Sat. morning to ride drag.
Seemed like a good way to let Josie's young horse have his first ride
experience. Well....had the bright idea of parking away from camp and
thought we'd put in 15 miles or so before we let him see anything
exciting. But...bad timing. We unloaded just as the front runner 50's
started coming  by at a gallop. Wheee doggies. Very excited young horse
circling Josie for 20 min. or so. It worked out fine. Once he got on the
trail we had a wonderful ride.

We fell in at the rear of the 25's and  got behind a woman with about 5
juniors on the nicest 13 hand ponies you could imagine. It was a very
pretty picture. We tried to stay off their rears so only caught
occasional glimpses but it sure was a good looking crew. I don't know
when I've seen the fall colors any prettier. It was a warm night, but a
breeze picked up and you almost needed sleeves for much of the day. Just
couldn't have asked for better!

June & Larry did a wonderful job of putting out water which was my only
worry. I was afraid we'd use up precious water the entries needed but
they put out a lot. I have every intention of being an *entry* next year!

Angie