[RC] Rude Riders, Bike Riders too. - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Cate P cpenguin57@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I was reading this thread with alot of interest and wondered when the Trail
Queens incident would come up. These people who post to COTH where joking in a
half serious manner.  They are poking fun at a situation. You have to know the
whole story. A rider placed herself on a marked trail knowing an event was
going on and after being passed the first couple of times didn't go elsewear.
No one galloped up on her and delibertly spooked her horse or gave her a hard
time.  No one complained to ride management.  How would you feel if someone
parked a green pleasure horse in the middle of a single track trail and
wouldn't give way in safe place when asked?  It was my understanding she did
this because she knew her horse would act up when passed even in a safe
controlled manner. There was 60 horses and a Ride and Tie going on that day. As
far as I know no one was even rude to her. Flame away, because in concept, I
agree with some of those people.  A busy multi use trail during a competition
is no place for a green horse or green rider. Stay  in a quiet park or with
another wiser horse until your horse gets a grip. It might be safer for you and
your horse.

I learned this weekend that NJ C & D Canal is full of rude bike riders.  Cate