Re: [RC] rope burns - Betsy O'Shea

I agree that rope burns are not something to be taken lightly. We use silvadene on burn patients in the hospital, and as a rope burn is exactly that, a burn, that is what I used. I hosed it down with water under pressure twice a day and applied the silvadene.  It finally healed after several months.  It healed from the inside out and never did get infected.
betsy