[RC] Rude Riders - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Dianna cmkdreams@xxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's unfortunate that there are rude riders as they ruin the fun for everyone.
I did a ride yesterday where the volunteers were second to none.  They were
friendly & helpful and I'm not sure how they remainded cheerful.  A friend of
mine was a direction-giver and he's NOT a horse person, just a nice guy who can
always be called upon to help.  There was an LDer who had lost a shoe & she
insisted that he put an easyboot on her horse.  Then said rider became agitated
when he didn't have a screwdriver.  The poor guy tried to help as best he
could, got rammed into by the horse and never recieved a thank you.  Do you
think he'll volunteer next year?  Not if he's smart.

A friend & I were riding together at an easy pace on single track trail.  The
first 2 LDers to pass us almost ran my mare & I down.  If I'd gotten their
numbers I would have complained to ride management.  I hope they read this
because they know who they are.  I would hope they learn some trail manners
before they get someone hurt.

A few miles later the next 4 LDers passed us.  Not only did one gal let her
horse ram into mine, she had the nerve to complain when my mare kicked.  And
this was on wide trail!

Thankfully these were the only LDers who caught & passed us.  I'm beginning to
think that ride management should put on a trail manners & safety clinic for LD
riders and it be mandatory for every person entered.  Of all the 50 milers who
passed, not one failed to say "passing on your..." or "may I pass" or "when
it's safe...".

Rude riders ruin it for everyone.  If you're going to be rude, STAY HOME!!